Thursday, April 4, 2013

Training & Peanut Butter

Well, I have missed quite a bit on here lately.  So let me try to recap the last week or so.

1. I'm avoiding coupons already.  I realized quickly that while I might be hunting for great deals, I was spending too much time doing it, and not necessarily finding things we absolutely needed.  I don't have room in my house for a storage closet filled with overflow couponing deals.  So, I've learned the basics of extreme couponing, next time we need something I'll try to use my skills, but I'm not going to regularly worry about coupons. Whew, that was a short obsession.

2. We got a storm door on the back door FINALLY!  After 7 years in this house we finally have a storm door. :)  It looks great, thanks Jordan and Dad. :)

3. I made my own peanut butter.  I have to admit, I copied off of my awesome cousin Brooke, who has recently made her own peanut butter and almond butter.  I found a tutorial on Pinterest and went for it.  The tutorial was quite long and had a lot of pictures, in summary it said: buy peanuts already shelled, put in food processor, blend until creamy, eat.  :)  I got honey roasted peanuts from Aldi, added them to my knock off magic bullet blender, and let them grind until smooth and creamy.  It is delicious!  Nothing added, just peanuts.  The family loves it as well.  I had a big scoop of it this morning with my breakfast, mmmmm.

4.  Training: Blah!  I've had the goal to eat healthier, Easter killed that.  I've had the goal to train harder, the cool weather has been killing that, along with my laziness.  But on Friday, after 9 days of slacking, I went and ran at West City.  Only 3.1 miles, but I ran, finally.  And then on Easter Sunday, April and I ran an early morning 5K race in Crestwood.  It was actually 3.5 miles because the race coordinator measured wrong.  Haha.  It was fun, and a great start to our Easter.  April ran her fastest mile at 10:03, during the first mile of the race...she was excited. :)  Side note: she rocks...down 30 pounds in a little over 2 months, she is incredible.  So now it is Thursday and I have yet to train again this week.  I need warm weather, and motivation.  So I've put on my sports bra and compression shorts this morning, hoping that dressing appropriately will keep me motivated to get my butt in gear today. :)  51 days until my first triathlon!

5. My kids are awesome.  :)  Brayden has been playing more with Caroline, and they're enjoying the little bits of sunshine we've been having.  Caroline is talking non stop and becoming very vocal and bossy, which is hilarious coming out of her tiny 23 pound body.  Brayden is growing way too fast, we can't believe he starts Kindergarten in the fall. He did great with his kindergarten registration and testing.  Summer school starts May 28th.  He's going just to get the hang of school, Pevely Primary does a fun pre-K summer school program...it's not because he is behind or needs extra schooling.  :) 

Now, back to the kiddos and housework.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment