Sunday, April 28, 2013

APA Fastest and the Furriest 5K

More fun than running was the excitement my friends brought along this weekend.  Yesterday was my good friend's wedding...what a wedding it was.  We had so much fun, the wedding was beautiful, the couple was gorgeous, food was delicious, and a good time was had by all.  After the ceremony, my other good friend, who was 40 weeks pregnant and due yesterday (as well as being the maid of honor) went into labor and headed to the hospital to have her beautiful baby girl.  :) The OB nurse in me couldn't sleep last night, so I was up texting her at 2am asking how labor was going, she gladly text me back with details as she couldn't sleep from all of the excitement either.  It was a fun sleepless night. 

So this morning, after little sleep, I hauled my butt up to Tower Grove Park to run a 5K race.  There were dogs EVERYWHERE!!!  Caroline and Brayden were loving it.  Caroline squealed "DOH!" over and over all day.  And Brayden loved watching them all trot around.  I ran my 5K in 24:27, not as fast as I'd wanted to, but still okay.  It apparently was slightly farther than 3.1 miles, by how much I'm not sure, but it couldn't have been much farther.  I was the 9th female finisher, and 2nd in my age group.  We had a great morning running.  April ran unregistered, 5K entry fees start adding up, it's an expensive endeavor. She also did awesome.  Finished in just over 32 minutes.  I hope to get under 24 minutes still for my next race.  I'm planning to start running more miles.  So far I haven't been running much more than 4 miles at a time. I need to throw in some 5-6 milers and a long run every once in awhile.  Yay for training and racing! 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment