Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brick

Today I hit the road on my (borrowed) road bike.  I planned to go 9 miles but the odometer stopped during mile 5 and I didn't get it going again until mile 8 so I ended up only going 8.6 miles.  Since the odometer stopped, so did the timer.  :(  But I used my average time from the first 5 miles to figure that it probably took me around 42 minutes or so...maybe faster, I'm not sure.  I am still afraid and extra cautious on my ride.  I average around 14 mph but get up to 22-23 mph going down hill, which feels awesome.  I coast most of the time downhill, trying to NOT brake down the hills. :)  I could kick it into high gear and pedal faster down the hills but I'm weenie. 

After the ride I pushed the bike into the garage, grabbed a sip of water and headed back out to run.  My legs felt like lead, again.  I don't think that feeling will ever go away.  I got the lead out finally around the 1 mile mark.  I ran my first mile in 8:55, I was feeling the warmer weather and my allergies have been horrendous lately.  But no excuses, I should have run faster.  I slacked the second mile, even stopping to catch a breather at the top of a hill.  I finished the run in 29:31.  My last brick was much better.  My problem is I don't have enough days in a row to train. Or at least I make excuses that I can't train.  Jordan works a lot, and I hate to push the kids in the stroller.  But that is going to make me better....a lot better than sitting on the couch. 

So, another day of training completed.  I WILL train tomorrow.  I have to force myself out there.  23 days til race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment