Monday, May 6, 2013

Long run

Today I went for a "long run".  Now, this was short in comparison to my long runs in the past.  But I felt pretty good running this far, and hope to continue increasing my long runs each week.  I want to run a 1/2 marathon in October.  I've got plenty of time to build up to it.  Today I ran 5.75 miles in 50:27. 8:47 pace. Felt pretty good doing it too.  Mile 3 was all up hill, from 2 miles to 2.87 miles was an uphill climb in front of Herky High School.  Then I got to run down hill for 0.87 miles.  That was nice. :)  The last 0.3 miles of the run is a pretty steep uphill climb also.  All of my runs end uphill, thanks to the road I live on.  The triathlon ends uphill, so I guess it's good preparation.  Gonna go swim this evening.  Will post about the swim later.

No comments:

Post a Comment