Thursday, May 9, 2013

Running in the rain

Today I went 6.5 miles in 60 minutes.  Not fast, but still fun.  9:14min/mile pace.  I headed out towards the highway, went up Scenic, into Festus, down North Mill, to Festus Main Street and back.  It started misting rain a little, and then some bigger drops started falling on the way back.  I love running in the rain.  Not a thunderstorm, but a good steady rain feels great when you're working hard.  The rain didn't last long, and I got home just in time to stretch on the back deck before it started pouring.  It's hard to keep up a decent pace when you're alone.  I catch myself thinking of things and then realize I've slowed way down.  It also didn't help that I walked about 100 yards up the very top of the hill on North Mill on the way back.  I was dead and just needed to catch my breath.  Miles are miles though, better than sitting on the couch.  We have a 5K Saturday.  April is supposed to be making shirts for the race.  She got her inspiration from a picture my cousin posted on my Facebook page.

 
Happy running. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment