Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Swimming

After my run on Monday I went to the YMCA to swim laps.  I swam 150 meters twice for time, and then swam multiple laps for technique. I think I probably swam around 500-600 meters total.  I only had 30 minutes to swim because Jordan had plans to go to the gym also.  Gotta take turns with the kiddos.  I'm better at swimming with my head down and kicking with my legs straight instead of bent knees. But it's hard for me to swim the entire 150 meters with my head down, I get out of breath and feel like I need to turn my head out of the water with each stroke, which is ridiculous.  So I usually give up and just swim with my head out of the water part of the time, slowing me down.  The fact of the matter is, it's only 3 minutes of the race.  Swimming it a whole minute faster isn't going to happen at this point, and I can make up for it later.  I need to start practicing my transitions so I can make up that time there.  I didn't train yesterday because I had to work 12 hours. So hopefully I'll get out there and run today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment