Saturday, April 20, 2013

Two a days

Twice this week I've done two a days. It was awesome! And exhausting. :) Yesterday I woke up before the kids and did Max Cardio with Insanity. 45 minutes of non stop, extreme exercising exhaustion. I had to take extra breaks, and my legs were killing me by the time it was over. After my workout I had a coffee protein shake, mmmm, my favorite.

Coffee protein shake:
2 cups of strong coffee
1/2 frozen banana
Almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder
Ice
Blend and enjoy!!

I love it and drink one regularly for breakfast. In the evening I loaded up the kids and the stroller and April and I headed to town for my 3.1 mile loop. It also kicked my butt, I have a love/hate relationship with stroller running at this point. I think I'm getting stronger from it, but I feel horribly slow doing it, and my shoulders cramp from not being able to swing my arms. But enough whining, because I did it. I ran the loop in about 32 minutes, slow, but oh well. I have a 5k next weekend, hoping to run it in 23ish minutes. :) After my run I had a green smoothie, inspired by my cousin Brooke. It was also delicious and I will be having more.

Green smoothie:
Handful of baby spinach
Strawberries
1 Apple, peeled
1 banana
Splash of juice, I used cranberry
2 scoops of my "greens" powder from It Works.
Blend and enjoy.

Yum. Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment