Monday, April 8, 2013

Insanity

For weeks I have been blowing off exercise on the days Jordan works, because I loathe pushing the kids in the stroller, as you all know.  But yesterday I got motivation to exercise, aside from being home alone with the kids, and aside from being on call.  I risked getting called in to work all sweaty and stinky and pulled out our dusty cd case full of Insanity DVD's.  Shawn T. is INSANE for sure....and in shape.  Man, those people look good! :)  I don't know that I'll look that good in 2 months, especially since I don't know that I'll do it daily, but I'm sure it will get me in better shape regardless.

So yesterday I did a plyometric cardio workout--40 minutes of butt kicking exercise.  At one point Shawn T. reminded me, "Come on, only 20 more seconds." To wish I responded, "Until what? I die?"  Haha, in all seriousness though, it was awesome.  I woke up this morning with aching sore muscles and plans to do it again.  Hoping this motivation sticks! 

Thankfully the rain held off today and I got to hit the roads with my new running buddy, Sarah Puhse.  She is an awesome triathlete that is teaching me the ropes in preparation for my first--47 days to go!  She and I left West City for the same 4.1 mile course I ran on Saturday.  The sun was shining bright, and having someone to talk to was wonderful.  Poor Sarah had to push her sweet little Gracie in a stroller up and down some tough hills, I lucked out, Jordan stayed home with the kiddos.  We finished in 41 minutes, 10 minute pace.  When I got home I decided to do another Insanity workout, went for the Insanity Abs DVD since I'd already ran and was sore as could be from yesterday's workout.  16 minutes of abs, ugh!  I had to take more breaks than preferred, but I finished it.  :) 

Two days in a row of working out good, I feel great!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment