Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Brick!

Bricks suck! But I felt wonderful after I had succeeded. For those of you not hip on the triathlon lingo, a brick is when you ride the bike and then run right afterwards.

So today I rode 9.5 miles around town...in 46:46. Not super fast, but I had to stop for cars and cross traffic quite a bit. I'm pretty timid on the road. Running on two feet is easy, I've done it .  But riding a bike on the road, next to cars, makes me nervous. So after the bike I hopped off and within 20 seconds was running. My legs felt like they weighed 200 pounds each...and it took about a mile for them to loosen up. Wow, those ironman athletes are something else...I don't know how anyone bikes so far and can still run afterwards. I ran 3.1 miles in 26:56. I was quite proud of myself. :) If I hadn't been so afraid of the cars I may have biked faster. And the run was an out and back run on the outer road...wind the whole way...sucks! My legs are sore and my right in step is killing me. No training tomorrow, gotta work. It will be a much needed day off.

Happy training.

No comments:

Post a Comment