Sunday, April 7, 2013


Well, after whining and expecting it to get easier, I sucked it up and got out there to run.  My fabulous cousin helped by sending me some virtual motivation. :)

Haha, funny stuff.  So, working three days in a row really kills training--you see I get up at 5am, leave the house at 6am, and get home at 8pm--not a lot of time to train.  So before my three day stretch I hauled the double stroller into town and pushed my monkey's around town for 3.1 miles.  I tried to avoid big hills, but totally avoiding hills is impossible.  Although I hated every minute of it, I was so happy to have finished, and felt a million times better after running.  It wasn't fast, it was actually painfully slow.  I ran 3.14 miles in 31:07, averaging 9:54 minute/mile I said, slow.  But I was pushing 100 pounds of children and stroller in front of I didn't feel quite as bad.  Then I took the kids to West City to play for an hour before lunch.  I enjoyed our time together, outside, enjoying the sunshine!

Also during my motivation I headed up to West County to the Swim, Bike, Run store to find some tri-shorts.  I knew going in that I'd be spending about $50 or so on shorts...holy crap, when I got there most of them were $90!  I found one pair that was $59 and grabbed them to try on, still not convinced I would be making a purchase.  Then  I saw it, the 75% off rack. :)  I'm a sucker for sales.  I found a pair of black and red tri shorts and a black fitted spandex top--got both for $36!  I was pumped, this just added to my glorious day.  Never again will I find such a great deal, I'm sure, and the lady at the counter also agreed I was getting a steal. 

So back to running.  Yesterday I got off early, and was home by 6:15, awesome!  It was still sunny and warm out so Jordan and I loaded up the babies and headed to the park so Brayden could ride his power wheels 4 wheeler...our yard is too tiny so we usually go to the park.  Jordan was awesome and hung out with "Big Baby" (Caroline) and let Bray ride around the big soccer field, and I head out to run.  I wanted to run 4 miles, and couldn't bare the thought of running a million laps around the park, so I left West City and headed into town.  I ran past the high school, past the track, across the West Main overpass, and down to Sunset Park and back.  It was 4.1 miles.  I ran it in 36 minutes, so just under 9 minute/mile pace. My first 3.1 miles was in 28:15, not fast, but faster than on Thursday with the kids/stroller.  Hoping to get my time down, gotta keep logging the miles for that to happen though. 

Also, I have blisters on my feet again.  Only a runner would recognize the love hate relationship one can have with a fluid filled foot lesion--they are proof that I'm running again. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment