Tuesday, March 26, 2013

CVS splurge

I'm trying to control my obsessions and limit my couponing to things that we need. :) However, I got some air fresheners at CVS today that we didn't really need, but who doesn't love the smell of warm apple pie in their house? So I did 5 transactions, I felt like a huge nut job, but the girl at the counter said she was used to it and didn't mind at all, she was happy for me to keep her busy. :)

 

My first transaction was for the Air Wick stuff, I got the air freshener gadget, and two refills for $20, used 3 $1 off coupons, used my $3 extra bucks I earned last week, and spent $13.33 after tax for the transaction...also earning $10 in extra bucks.

My second transaction was for Vaseline lotion. I bought two big bottles of lotion, on sale 2/$12 this week at CVS, and had two coupons for Buy one 23 oz bottle, get one 10 oz bottle free. So I used both of those, got my 4 bottles for $12, and used my $10 from transaction #1 to total $2.17 out of pocket after tax. Also earned another $5 in extra bucks with this transaction.

Transaction three was for Irish Spring body wash for Jordan. This week it is on sale for 3/$9, I had 2 $1 off coupons that I used, plus my $5 extra bucks from transaction #2 to total $2.17 out of pocket after tax again. Also earned another $3 extra bucks with this one.

Transaction four was for a Schick HydroSilk razor with 3 cartridges. Regularly $12.49, but I had a $4 off coupon, and used my $3 extra bucks from transaction #3, for an out of pocket total of $5.96. Also earned another $4 extra bucks with this one.

Transaction five, last one, was for another Schick HydroSilk razor with 3 cartridges. This time I used another $4 off coupon, and used my $4 extra bucks from transaction #4, for an out of pocket total of $4.88. No more extra bucks to use, so I quit there. :)

Total was $28.51 for over $70 in merchandise. I was PUMPED! Yes, I'm now a crazy coupon lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment